Lens Firmware Update Announcement – How to Identify Firmware Files Types: 0, A, B2023-10-25
Thank you to all of the Samyang lens customers.
We would like to guide you on how to identify firmware files among type 0, A, and B.
Some lens models have 2~3 different types of firmware files for the same model due to different components.
By developing an optimal firmware file for each component, there is no difference in lens performance even if some components are different.
Basically, the Lens Manager Software automatically guides you on which type of firmware file should be selected among various types of firmware.
If you need to the appropriate firmware manually, please refer to the ‘Firmware File Identification Method’ below and and update the appropriate firmware for your lens.
■ Multi-type Firmware Lenses
• AF 12mm F2 E (3 Types of Firmware)
• AF 12mm F2 X (3 Types of Firmware)
• AF 14mm F2.8 FE (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 14mm F2.8 EF (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 14mm F2.8 F (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 24mm F1.8 FE (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 35mm F1.4 FE II (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 50mm F1.4 FE II (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 85mm F1.4 EF (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 85mm F1.4 F (2 Types of Firmware)
• AF 24-70mm F2.8 FE (2 Types of Firmware)
■ Firmware File Identification Method
1. After attaching the lens to the lens station, run the Lens Manager Software.
2. Check the model name at the top left of the Lens Manager Software.
• Marked only the model name = 0 type
• Marked as A after the model name = A type
• Marked as B after the model name = B type
Should you have any inquiries or problems updating the firmware, please contact email@example.com.